Yamashita Kazuo (
Yamashita Kazuo is an average-looking middle-aged man with a small unassuming frame and a generally underwhelming presence. He has mostly black hair with the sides greyed, light facial hair and he wears glasses.
Yamashita Kazuo starts as a timid, average person who is pushed around by the manager in his company and by other people in general. However, due to constantly being exposed to Ohma's blood lust and other fighters in the Kengan world, he started to lose his fear of ordinary people such as his manager and even to thugs who threaten to kill him.
During the Kengan Annihilation Tournament, Yamashita becomes more overtly brave such as when he threatened Kure Erioh to protect his son (even if his leg was still shaking violently). He respects Ohma more than anybody, due to fighter's strength and will. Even after being told by Nogi to make Ohma give up fighting in the tournament, Yamashita refused because he respected Ohma's will to fight more than anybody and because Ohma was like his ancestor, who refused to escape death.
The next day, Hiroshi criticize Kazuo. Then Futoshi said to Kazuo that Nogi want to talk private with Kazuo at Nogi Incorporated. Nogi informs Kazuo of the underground Kengan matches and makes him Tokita Ohma's manager.
At Ohma's first Kengan match against Rihito, Kazuo was present alongside Kaede Akiyama and Nogi, and watched as Ohma competently defeated Rihito. After that match, Ohma invite Kazuo to go to eat with Kaede.
Two years later, he is still head of Yamashita Trading Co. He meets Koga, who is looking for Ohma. He takes Koga to a match between Johnny Waters and Imai Cosmo. He tells Koga he isn't ready for the Kengan matches, but recruits him as a fighters apprentice. He goes to a meeting with Nogi about Purgatory.
Power & Abilities
While he has no combat capability himself, Yamashita is surprisingly extremely observant in regards to fighting. From a list of more than a hundred fighters, he managed to correctly guess the five fighters that would pass the Kengan Annihilation Tournament preliminaries.
The Fist Eye (
拳 眼, Kengan)
Inherited, albeit imperfectly by his ancestor, Yamashita Ichinoshin, Kazuo's eyes possess a superhuman level of kinetic vision. With them, he was able to instinctively discern the pattern in Katahara Metsudo's lottery machine, giving him first pick in the tournament position, though he didn't know of it at the time. Combined with his analytical skills, Kazuo is always the first person to point out the abnormal of the battle between the fighters that nobody noticed before him, mostly due to said eyesight.
Notes & Trivia
- He has a wife and two sons. However, his wife left him 10 years before the story began.
- Yamashita had been employed at Nogi Publishing for 34 years.
- He enjoys watching martial arts and living a peaceful life.
- Yamshita's motto is, "Good can come out of misfortune".
- Kazuo and Ken are good friends and go out drinking together often, however when they get drunk they spiral out of control.
- Nogi has said that Yamashita is much like his ancestor.
- Yamashita has many self-proclaimed epithets including: Kazzy the Raging Rook, Kazzy the Fish (in the water), Kazzy the Fisher (with a fishing rod), Kazzy the Cold-Sensitive, Kazzy the Broadaxe Pitcher and Kazzy the Swift.