Soryuin Shion (
Shion is a beautiful woman with long dark red hair, full lips with neatly applied lipstick. She has a notably large bosom and wears formal clothing in such a way that shows them off. Shion also usually has a cigarette on her person.
Shion is a wary individual with surprisingly masculine tendencies. Her muscle fetish is one of the main reasons she dated Hatsumi. According to her younger sister Soryuin Akemi, Shion told her to go after men with big muscles over handsome men. She quietly enjoys the brutality and carnage surrounding and within the Kengan matches.
Despite her strictness, she is surprisingly doting to her sister Akemi, using her connections to get her sister into various gyms, including Silverman's Gym. She once allowed Akemi and her friends to use their private jet to go to America, just because Akemi asked her.
Eighteen years ago, while she was still in high school, Shion first met and soon started dating Hatsumi Sen for the first time. During that time, he took Shion to Tochigi Destiny Land, but they had a fight and broke up afterward because she caught him cheating. Two years after they first started dating, Hatsumi left again, telling Shion he was going on a journey to fight powerful fighters, but Shion saw the truth when she picked up an adult tour program that he had dropped. Years later, Shion reencountered Hatsumi at his debut Kengan match, where she saw him flirting with the Nogi Group's new secretary, Akiyama Kaede.
Shion and Tomoko observed the Koyo Academy Group's fighter applicants' battle royale, containing 37 competitors. When an intruder within their battle royale swiftly eliminated Ozu, Shion and Tomoko went down to meet him. Asking how he managed to find out, the man, Kiryu Setsuna replied that people will talk. Setsuna then explained that there was someone he wanted to see within the Kengan matches. With some reluctance, Shion made Setsuna the Koyo Academy Group's affiliated fighter.
Eventually meeting Tokita Ohma for the first time, Shion revealed to him that their fighter was Setsuna. Ohma then grabbed her by the collar and demanded to know where Kiryu is. Simply taking his assertiveness with flattery, Shion merely tells Ohma to be thoroughly prepared.
During the opening day of the Kengan Annihilation Tournament, Soryuin, Kiryu, and Matsuda examined all of the matches. Eventually coming up to his turn, Kiryu represented the Koyo Academy Group in the Kengan Annihilation Tournament, fighting Nikaido Ren.
In the second round, she watched his fight against Kuroki Gensai, witnessing his seemingly fatal defeat. She was shocked after seeing Kiryu walk away despite getting stabbed in the heart. When she went to see him in the morgue, Kiryu gave the visibly unnerved Shion a chilling monologue. She was left worrying, wondering if she had broken a taboo.
Being called into an emergency Kengan Association board meeting, she and other Association members discussed the upcoming competition between the Kengan Association and Purgatory as well as the recent murder of an individual impersonating Yuzaki Mumon.
- Soryuin means "play" (奏流) (soryu) and "hospital" (院) (in).
- Shion means "purple, violet" (紫) (shi) and "sound" (音) (on).
Notes & Trivia
- Her hobby is weight training.
- Shion has had an on-and-off relationship with Hatsumi Sen, ultimately dumping him for frequent infidelity.
- Shion is the sister of Soryuin Akemi, the deuteragonist of Sandrovich's other series, Danberu Nan-Kiro Moteru?. She frequently cameos in the series, to the point of almost being a recurring character.
- It is noted that although Hatsumi cheated on several occasions, Shion still has some affections for him since she has a torn photo that they took when they had their first date in Togichi Destiny Land (which she had taped back together).
- She pays for her students extra curricular activities out of her own pocket.