- "A dream, eh...? In that case... I'll make it a prophetic one."
— Mokichi, responding to Kure Raian's taunts
Mokichi Robinson (
Mokichi is tall muscular man, with long flowing blonde hair, gentle blue eyes and an overall serene expression on his face. He normally wears his priest garments, even when he's not actively on priest duty. While fighting, Mokichi wears the traditional aikido costume.
Two years after the tournament, Mokichi now has a noticeable scar around his neck from the near-fatal injuries he sustained after his fight against Kure Raian.
He is a very serene man who is generally very happy and always smiling, especially when his young sister Elena joins and supports him. However, Mokichi is overwhelmingly overprotective of Elena, becoming surprisingly aggressive to any men who dare to come close to and/or talk to his sister. On one occasion, he called two oglers "dead wankers" when he caught them checking Elena out.
As a young child, Mokichi hated his father who ruthlessly taught him Baritsu. Leaving home at 14, he dived into the criminal underworld where he used his Baritsu skills to commit all kinds of vices. However, after finding out that he had a half-sister that was left in his care, Mokichi changed for the better, eventually becoming a man of Christ.
Mokichi represented Sentory in the Kengan Annihilation Tournament, fighting Kure Raian in the first round. Though he initially had the advantage with his techniques, he was ruthlessly defeated when Raian used his secret technique, "Removal". As a result of the no-holds-barred beatdown he received at Raian's hands, Mokichi was seemingly killed. However, it turned out he was left comatose in a critical condition under the supervision of Hanafusa Hajime, who saved his life. His younger half-sister, Elena, was left worried to death and prayed for him.
By the final day of the tournament, Mokichi at last regained consciousness and was able to watch the final day of the tournament. However, he was confined to a wheelchair. After the tournament, Mokichi went back to England and began his rehabilitation, which was going well.
Having recovered from his career-ending injury, Mokichi was set to fight Lihito in a Kengan match for the right to represent the Kengan Association in their upcoming contest against Purgatory. Ready to go, he and Elena got ready to travel to Japan.
A few days later, he lined up against Lihito. With the two starting relatively evenly, Lihito quickly showed the fruits of his training, bringing the fight to a bloodless finish and earning himself victory, with Mokichi sportingly conceding defeat.
He was one of the fighters who found out, via phone call, that Tokita Ohma was still alive. Along with Adam Dudley, Imai Cosmo, Kure Karura and Elena he watched Gaoh Ryuki's match against Naidan Mönkhbat in the Kengan Association vs Purgatory Tournament.
Power & Abilities
Mokichi uses Baritsu, an eclectic martial art made of a combination of classical Japanese martial arts, jiu-jitsu, and bare-knuckle boxing, founded by his ancestor Kotoura Shigenosuke in the 19th century; he is now its last surviving practitioner.
The ultimate secret technique of Baritsu, Two-Finger— (二指・, Nishi—) involves a two-finger strike that closely resembles a nihon-nukite. The full details of the technique, as well as its full name, are unknown, as it was interrupted by a knockout blow from Raian mid-execution.
Notes & Trivia
- Mokichi's fighting style is based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's misspelling of the real British martial art Bartitsu in his Sherlock Holmes story "The Adventure of the Empty House", and the eclectic nature of its techniques is inspired by Bartitsu (however, Sandrovich has confirmed that Robinson's martial art is the fictional Baritsu, and not Bartitsu).
- Mokichi is an Anglican priest; however, when delivering what he thought was a fatal blow to Raian, he formed the sign of the cross, which is a Catholic practice. Sandrovich recognized that this was an inconsistency, but wrote it in anyway because he thought it looked cool.
- Mokichi was modelled after British wrestler Billy Robinson, also known as "The Human Windmill". Mokichi initial concept had him having shorter hair and wearing wrestling pants, as he was supposed to be a user of both Baritsu and Catch Wrestling. Furthermore his epithet was supposed to be The Human Fireweel.
- Mokichi's theme in the anime is FUTURE DESTINATION by KellySIMONZ.