|Epithet:||"The Exterminating Vicar"|
|Relatives:||Elena Robinson (half-sister)|
Kotoura Shigenosuke (ancestor)
|Total Assets Acquired:||¥708,834,900,000|
|Ashura Debut:||Chapter 39|
"A dream, eh...? In that case... I'll make it a prophetic one."
- Mokichi responding to the taunts of Kure Raian
Mokichi Robinson (茂吉・ロビンソン, "Mokichi Robinson"), also known as "The Exterminating Vicar" (滅殺する牧師, Messatsu-suru Bokushi), is an affiliated fighter in the Kengan Matches, usually fighting for Sentory; he represented them during the Kengan Annihilation Tournament. He is also an Anglican priest.
Mokichi is tall muscular man, with long flowing blonde hair, gentle blue eyes and an overall serene expression on his face. He normally wears his priest garments, even when he's not actively on priest duty. While fighting, Mokichi wears the traditional aikido costume.
He is a very serene man who is generally very happy and always smiling, especially when his young sister Elena joins and supports him. However, Mokichi is overwhelmingly overprotective of Elena, becoming surprisingly aggressive to any men who dare to come close to and/or talk to his sister. On one occasion, he called two oglers "dead wankers" when he caught them checking Elena out.
As a young child, Mokichi hated his father who ruthlessly taught him Baritsu. Leaving home at 14, he dived into the criminal underworld where he used his Baritsu skills to commit all kinds of vices. However, after finding out that he had a half-sister that was left in his care, Mokichi changed for the better, eventually becoming a man of Christ.
Mokichi represented Sentory in the Kengan Annihilation Tournament, fighting Kure Raian in the first round. Though he initially had the advantage with his techniques, he was ruthlessly defeated when Raian used his secret technique, "Removal". As a result of the no-holds-barred beatdown he received at Raian's hands, Mokichi was seemingly killed. However, it turned out he was left comatose in a critical condition under the supervision of Hanafusa Hajime, who saved his life. His younger half-sister, Elena, was left worried to death and prayed for him.
By the final day of the tournament, Mokichi at last regained consciousness and was able to watch the final day of the tournament. However, he was confined to a wheelchair. After the tournament, Mokichi went back to England and began his rehabilitation, which was going well.
Power & Abilities
Mokichi uses Baritsu, an eclectic martial art made of a combination of classical Japanese martial arts, jiu-jitsu, and bare-knuckle boxing, founded by his ancestor Kotoura Shigenosuke in the 19th century; he is now its last surviving practitioner.
- Full Shoulder Throw (一本背負い, Ippon Zeoi): An over-the-shoulder Judo throw.
- Two-Finger— (二指・, Nishi—): The ultimate secret technique of Baritsu, it involves a two-finger strike that closely resembles a nihon-nukite. The full details of the technique, as well as its full name, are unknown, as it was interrupted by a knockout blow from Kure Raian mid-execution.
Notes & Trivia
- Mokichi's fighting style is based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's misspelling of the real British martial art Bartitsu in his Sherlock Holmes story "The Adventure of the Empty House", and the eclectic nature of its techniques is inspired by Bartitsu (however, Sandrovich has confirmed that Robinson's martial art is the fictional Baritsu, and not Bartitsu).
- Mokichi is an Anglican priest; however, when delivering what he thought was a fatal blow to Raian, he formed the sign of the cross, which is a Catholic practice. Sandrovich recognised that this was an inconsistency, but wrote it in anyway because he thought it looked cool.
- His design was inspired by The Boondock Saints and he was modelled after British wrestler Billy Robinson.
- Mokichi plans to get back into fighting once he has fully recovered from the near-fatal injury dealt to him by Kure Raian.