Kure Erioh (great-grandfather)
|Ashura Debut:||Chapter 22|
|Anime Debut:||Episode 7|
Karla is a beautiful young woman with a deceptively defined physique, a small frame and a moderately sizeable bosom. She has long black hair, with several bangs that hang over her forehead and two long lengths of hair that drape either side of her face, a small dainty nose, full lips and the trademark eyes of the Kure Clan (black sclera and white irises).
She is an extremely curious, independent individual, going off to explore wherever she wants on a whim. Upon sensing Tokita Ohma's great strength, Karla has become infatuated with him to stalker-like levels, bluntly telling him that she wanted his children. However, she has also grown to be close friends to Elena Robinson, showing concern for her and her brother Mokichi, and expressing rage at her own relative Raian for nearly killing him.
On board the S.S. Kengan, she noticed Tokita Ohma when she walked by him. Later, having tracked Ohma down, she attacked him to test his strength. With the two pulling their final attack, Karla pulled in close to Ohma and bluntly told him that she wanted his babies, shocking everyone present. Hearing this, Ohma put her down and took off. Before she could chase after him, her relatives found her and brought her back to her great-grandfather where she told him of her infatuation.
Power & Abilities
Karla is a deceptively powerful combatant, being considered a "deviant" even by the standards of the Kure Clan that she hails from. Karla has also been noted to be very agile and light on her feet, capable of effortlessly evading Rihito's swipes and even some of Tokita Ohma's attacks. It has been noted that she is a very powerful combatant and if there were a women's division in the Kengan matches, Karla would reign supreme.
Kure Clan Ability: Removal: The most unique ability of the Kure Clan, this involves removing the mental limiter which keeps humans from using more than 30% of their body's physical capacity. Using this technique makes her skin turn red with her blood vessels bulging on the surface, as she breaks the limits of her body to access "demonic" strength, speed, endurance and power. Karla can release 85% of her latent power, the second-highest rate known among the living members of the Kure Clan, second only to Raian, and perhaps Erioh (whose release rate is unknown).
Notes & Trivia
- Her name was initially spelled with kanji (迦楼羅, "Karura"), but Sandrovich decided to use katakana to spell her name instead because her name was too difficult to read with kanji.
- Karla's family lives in Tokyo. Her father is a hitman, her mother is a teacher (and assassin) and her younger brother is a student (and assassin).
- Her extracurricular activities include the Wind orchestra and her favourite book is The Grasshopper by Anton Chekhov.
- Karla is the most popular character in the series that is not in the tournament, and the 6th most popular overall, earning 13,498 votes in the official popularity poll.
- With the Kure Clan being modeled off the Gracie family, Karla's name and familial status are modelled after Carlos Gracie's great-granddaughter Kyra Gracie.
- Karla's epithet, "The Succubus" (天魔, Tenma; literally Heavenly Demon), is a reference to Mara, the deva of the sensuous realm, who tried to prevent Gautama Buddha from attaining liberation from samsara on the night of the Buddha's enlightenment by trying to seduce him with the vision of beautiful women.