Tokita Ohma, for laying your hands on Karla, you must die.
- Kure Erioh before Ohma's fight against Raian
Kure Erioh (呉 恵利央, Kure Eriō; "Erioh Kure"), also known as "The Mighty Demon" (強魔, Gōma), is the patriarch of the Kure Clan and also the former fighter of former Kengan Association chairman, Katahara Metsudo, being the original holder of the title of "Fang of Metsudo".
Erioh is an elderly man with slicked back silver hair and a wrinkled face befitting his age. He tends to wear the traditional Japanese attire rather than more modern clothes.
In his youth, his appearance was very similar to his grand-relative Kure Raian.
Erioh was a lot more vicious and headstrong in his youth, but this side of him has subsided with age; he now has dignity as the patriarch of his clan. However, he does seem to transform back into his old self whenever he is disrespected or slandered.
As a teenager, Erioh left the Kure Clan due to a disagreement, and decided to become the top assassin his own way. Shortly after World War II, at the age of 20, he was contracted by Kibayashi Taro, deputy of the Kanto Shirai Group, to kill Katahara Metsudo, and steal his newly-acquired Kengan Association membership. However, just before he could finish his hit, the don of the Shirai Group, Shirai Ryu, intervened, forcing Kibayashi to call off the hit. Impressed by Katahara Metsudo's luck and tenacity, Erioh agreed to become his fighter, to see just how far his luck and tenacity could take him, and witness the moment it ran out.
As the first "Fang of Metsudo", Erioh was instrumental in Metsudo's rise to power, winning his first match in mere seconds and going on to be nearly undefeated. However, he did face defeat once. This defeat was so crushing that it spurred him to return to the Kure Clan and master their techniques. In the meantime, he got married and had two children.
Eventually, Metsudo made a bid to become the chairman of the Kengan Association, and entered Erioh as his fighter. Before the final match, Erioh and Metsudo reminisced about how far they had come together. Erioh told Metsudo that he felt like he could die any minute, and asked Metsudo to hire his older son, who was seven at the time, as his fighter if he should die. Metsudo declined, informing Erioh that he signed a contract stating that if he lost in the tournament, he would lose everything - even his life. The two shared a laugh, then headed for the arena to enter the final match.
While the details of the final match are unknown at present, Erioh won, making Katahara Metsudo the new Kengan Association chairman. He left Metsudo's service at an unspecified time and returned to the Kure Clan, eventually becoming its patriarch.
Some time later, after being contacted by Under Mount Inc., Erioh looked over the summoned members of the Kure Clan, wondering who he would choose to represent the company in the upcoming tournament.
On the journey to the venue of the Kengan Annihilation Tournament, on the S.S. Kengan, Erioh vehemently raged when he discovered that Karla had become infatuated with Ohma, telling the others who had come with him to eliminate Ohma if he ever came near Karla again.
With Tokita Ohma bringing Yamashita Kazuo to his mansion in the Kure Village, Erioh explained that Ohma had been with them for the past two years (before blubbering about Ohma becoming the new family head when he marries Karla—to which Ohma completely rebuffs). Erioh then brought in Hanafusa Hajime who explained how Ohma managed to overcome death. Later he was watching Ohma and Hollis sparring, complimenting the two.
The day after, as the whole Kure Clan plus Ohma, Yamashita, Hanafusa and Katahara Retsudo were having breakfast, he announced that Ohma would have left the Village soon. Moments later he was shown crying next to his granddaughter Kure Yakusha about Karla's and Ohma's wedding.
Power & Abilities
As the patriarch of the renowned Kure Clan, as well as a former Fang of Metsudo, Erioh can be assumed to have once boasted incredible offensive fighting power. How much has waned due to his increasing age is unknown, though he was able to nonchalantly take down some of Hayami Katsumasa's Guardians during the latter's revolution.
- Kure Clan, Secret Technique: Removal: It is not currently known how much of his latent power he was able to release in his prime, and whether or not he has maintained it as he aged. What is certain is that his rate is lower than 100%, and that by the time he fought in the Kengan Annihilation Tournament finals, he could only maintain it for around 30 seconds (due to the injuries he had sustained). However, in his elderly age, when he did accidentally begin to use the Removal, the pressure he exuded was strong enough to physically disrupt his immediate environment, suggesting that his Removal is still powerful even at his advanced age.
Notes & Trivia
- His favourite TV show is Shoten.
- Erioh is modelled after Hélio Gracie of the Gracie family. Instead of modelling Erioh after Carlos Gracie (Hélio's older brother), the great-grandfather of Kyra Gracie (whom Karla is modelled after), Sandrovich chose Hélio because he is the father of Rickson Gracie, the man with the 400-0 record.
- In their youth, both he and Metsudo were terrible cooks and were disgusting eaters too.