The Kure Clan (
Ever since the Asuka period, the Kure Clan has undergone a 1300 year process of selective breeding, adoption of special techniques and outside combat arts; as a result, with each generation, the Kure have become a race specialised for battle. Through this selective breeding process the Kure have also attained peak physical performance, including strength, speed and durability. As such, the Kure have an extremely high pain and damage tolerance; in their blood, they possess over 20 kinds of endorphins and, combined with their abnormal physical resilience, it enables them to easily endure heavy damage and deep wounds, whether it be from slashing attacks or being smashed to the ground.
Kure Clan Style (
呉 一 族 伝, Kure Ichizoku-den)
While the specific techniques that the Kure have access to are largely unknown, the clan's techniques are designed to give life and take life away. According to the clan's current patriarch, there is no move the Kure cannot combat.
Lion Bite (
獅 子 咬, Shishigami)
This particular technique involves brutally twisting and dislocating the necks of the user's target(s), causing instant fatalities. In the case of a particularly skilled user like Raian, multiple people can be attacked simultaneously in one swift movement.
Secret Technique: Removal (
秘 技 外し, Higi: Hazushi)
The most notable result of their selective breeding process is their ability to consciously remove their brain's limits on their muscular strength output, as well as the physical constitution needed to handle unrestrained exertion of the muscle's strength. As such, while regular humans are naturally unable to access more than 30% of their body's muscular strength (except in times of extreme duress), the Kure are able to freely access and utilise their latent muscular strength with no repercussions; the only drawback to using the Removal is that it requires a good amount of stamina to perform and maintain. The release rate of one's latent muscular strength depends on the individual's talents. The technique makes the user's skin turn red (or a dark shade of red-violet in the anime adaptation) with their blood vessels bulging on the surface. The Kure are also to use the Removal in localized areas of their body.
Notes & Trivia
- Prior to Raian's defeat at the hands of Tokita Ohma, the Kure Clan had only suffered three defeats in the Kengan matches.
- The Kure Clan are modelled after the Gracie family, a prominent Brazilian family who developed and championed Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- Apparently, 10% of the residents of the region where the Kure Village is situated are the Kure Clan and their affiliates.
- Most likely due to their special ability and their darkened near-black sclera and whitened irises and pupils, it is said that demons dwell within the Kure.
- As competitors in the assassination business, they have a rivalry with the Mikazuchi Clan. Their rivalry goes way back, with the Mikazuchi's Raishin Style being used to stand against the Kure Clan for generations.
- It is heavily inferred by Edward Wu that the Kure Clan are an offshoot from the yet unmentioned Wu Clan (
呉 一 族, Ū-īzū; "Wú-yīzú") that migrated to Japan over 1000 years ago.
|Martial Arts||Gaoh Style • Kaiwan Style • Koei Style • Niko Style (Possessing Spirit) • Raishin Style|
|Kengan||Bodyguards (Extermination Force • Fang of Metsudo) • Guardians • Kengan Annihilation Tournament • Kengan Association members (Ashura/Omega) • Kengan matches • Referees|
|The Public Sphere||Rokushin Kaikan • Rokushin Kaikan Tournament|
|The Underworld||Heavenly Wolves • Kengan Association VS Purgatory Tournament • Kure Clan • Mikazuchi Clan • Inaba Clan • Underground Martial Arts Industry (Kengan matches • Purgatory) • Worm|
|The Inside||The Black Messengers • The Inside • Tokita Niko|