The Kure Clan (呉一族, Kure-ichizoku) are a powerful league of assassins that are notorious throughout the criminal underworld where they are widely known as "The Taboo Descendants" (禁忌の末裔, Kinki no matsuei). Around a particular city, 500 kilometres away from Tokyo, they are the most influential clan within that city's region. A vast majority of the Kure live in Kure Village, a provincial city.
Ever since the Asuka period, the Kure Clan has undergone a 1300 year process of selective breeding, adoption of special techniques and outside combat arts; as a result, with each generation, the Kure have become a race specialised for battle. According to the clan's current patriarch, there is no move the Kure cannot combat. Through this selective breeding process the Kure have also attained peak physical performance, including strength, speed and durability. As such, the Kure have an extremely high pain and damage tolerance; in their blood, they possess over 20 kinds of endorphins and, combined with their abnormal physical resilience, it enables them to easily endure heavy damage and deep wounds, whether it be from a slashing attacks or being smashed to the ground.
While the specific techniques that the Kure have access to are currently unknown, the clan's techniques are designed to give life and take life away.
- Removal (外し, Hazushi): The most notable result of their selective breeding process is their ability to consciously remove their brain's limits on their muscular strength output (as well as the physical constitution needed to handle unrestrained exertion of the muscle's strength). The release rate of one's latent muscular strength depends on the individual's talents.
Notes & Trivia
- Prior to Raian's defeat at the hands of Tokita Ohma, the Kure Clan had only suffered three defeats in the Kengan matches.
- The Kure Clan are modelled after the Gracie family, a prominent Brazilian family who developed and championed Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- Most likely due to their special ability and their darkened near-black sclera and whitened irises and pupils, it is said that demons dwell within the Kure.
- As competitors in the assassination business, they have a rivalry with the Mikazuchi Clan. Their rivalry goes way back, with the Mikazuchi's Raishin Style being used to stand against the Kure Clan for generations.
- It is heavily inferred by Edward Wu that the Kure Clan are an offshoot from the yet unmentioned Wu Clan (呉一族, Wú-yīzú) that migrated to Japan over 1000 years ago.
|Martial Arts||Gaoh Style • Kaiwan Style • Koei Style • Niko Style • Possessing Spirit • Raishin Style|
|Kengan||Bodyguards (Extermination Force • Fang of Metsudo) • Guardians • Kengan Annihilation Tournament • Kengan Association members (Ashura/Omega) • Kengan matches • Referees|
|The Public Sphere||Rokushin Kaikan • Rokushin Kaikan Tournament|
|The Underworld||Heavenly Wolves • Kengan Association VS Purgatory Tournament • Kure Clan • Mikazuchi Clan • Underground Martial Arts Industry (Kengan matches • Purgatory) • Worm|
|The Inside||The Black Messengers • The Inside • Tokita Niko|