Furumi Heihachi (古海 平八, Furumi Heihachi; "Heihachi Furumi") is the CEO of Furumi Pharmaceuticals, a member of the Kengan Association, a fellow member of the Four Dragons along with Nogi Hideki, and a lifelong friend, father-figure and employer of Wakatsuki Takeshi. He is considered a revolutionary who is dissatisfied with the way the Kengan Association was being run.
Furumi is a portly individual with a round chubby face with generally round facial features including a round nose and round eyes. He has thick black eyebrows and a thick black Jewfro. He is almost always seen wearing a smart formal business suit.
Furumi is a casually jovial individual in general. He is a very compassionate person who acts on his sense of duty; this can be seen when he mentioned that as he runs a pharmaceutical company, he will treat anyone regardless of who they are, even if they are a criminal on death row. Much like many of the Kengan Association members, Furumi is very composed, casually conversing with Dazai Yukio despite being threatened. He describes himself as an "active fatty", but is concerned about his non-stop weight gain.
At the age of 28, Furumi first met Wakatsuki Takeshi where he indirectly taught him how to control his strength by letting the boy hit him. As a result of the strike, Furumi was hospitalized for 6 months. The day he left the hospital, he went to play catch with Wakatsuki but ended up getting hospitalized again for a further 2 months. The next time Furumi left the hospital, he went bowling with Wakatsuki but ended up spraining his ankle, needing two weeks to recover.
At the age of 41, he took over from his uncle and became the CEO of Furumi Pharmaceuticals.
Notes & Trivia
- Furumi is Wakatsuki's benefactor, acting like a good elder brother/father-figure to him.
- He played rugby in middle and high school, was a catcher in little league baseball and was in the judo circle at university; he was apparently a black belt.
- Furumi graduated university at 29 after four gap years, two repeated years and a deferred year (due to being hospitalised by a 7 year old Wakatsuki).
- His favourite singer is Inoue Yōsui.
- Furumi was modeled after Sandrovich's friend from his hometown.