|Kanji:||阿古谷 清秋 (あこや せいしゅう)|
|Age:||31 (Kengan Ashura)|
33 (Kengan Omega)
|Affiliations:||Wakasa Life Insurance|
|Total Assets Acquired:||¥191,115,000,000|
|Ashura Debut:||Chapter 39|
|Omega Debut:||Chapter 24|
I will now execute justice.
Akoya Seishu (阿古谷 清秋, Akoya Seishū; "Seishu Akoya"), also known as "The Executioner" (処刑人, Shokei-hito), is a police inspector, the captain of the 44th Riot Squad and a secret vigilante that ruthlessly carries out his own brand of justice. He is also the affiliated fighter of Wakasa Life Insurance and represented the company during the Kengan Annihilation Tournament.
Akoya Seishu is a bulky muscular man with an angular head, sharp facial features and cheekbones, focused eyes, thin black eyebrows and black hair that is gelled backwards into backwards facing spikes.
Akoya is a man who is driven almost entirely by his intense brand of justice and thoroughly judges evil: no matter how seemingly insignificant the crime, even in hindsight, Akoya deems the perpetrators guilty and those that are guilty are executed without mercy. Because of how mercilessly ruthless and indiscriminate he is when executing his justice upon those he deems guilty, he takes it upon Hiyama to somewhat curb his tendencies by directing his actions. Adam Dudley likened it to Dirty Harry syndrome.
Akoya was first seen naked in Hiyama Shunka's quarters, asking her how long it was till they would arrive at the island. Hiyama replied with inhuman accuracy, adding that it was strange for Akoya to act so excited, but he replied that it was because soon he would get to enact his justice.
During their first day on Ganryu Island, after Hiyama spotted someone flailing in the sea, she told Akoya to save them, but soon found out it was none other than Yoshitake Yoshiro.
On the first day, Akoya represented Wakasa Life Insurance in the Kengan Annihilation Tournament. Aided by Hiyama, he fought against Kono Haruo in the first round. With Hiyama's aid failing him due to an unexpected change in Haruo's condition, Akoya was put on the back foot. Telling Hiyama her time was up, Akoya went solo, brutally knocking Haruo out with a powerful kick to the face. After the fight, he slapped Hiyama in the face and told her that her hesitations had impeded him, and that he would be fighting alone in the next round. Pleading for him not to leave her, Akoya merely wiped the blood from Hiyama's face and warned her to not let it happen again.
In the second round, Akoya fought against Imai Cosmo. Initially dominating with the aid of Hiyama, he was put in a hold by Cosmo after Hiyama was dispatched by Nishihonji Akira. Informing Hiyama of her failure, Akoya went solo and viciously brutalised and tortured Cosmo, much to the audience's horror. However, Cosmo got a second wind and eventually ended up narrowly defeating Akoya. After their fight, when Cosmo came to acknowledge his strength, Akoya slapped away Cosmo's hand and stormed off with Hiyama in two.
Later, during Hayami Katsumasa's revolution, Akoya was seen ruthlessly taking down Guardians that were opposing him. With Kanoh Agito coming alongside him, the two prepared to subdue the offending Guardians.
Akoya and Hiyama watched the rest of the tournament unfold by themselves.
At the metropolitan police department, Akoya looked over the surveillance footage regarding the death of Yuzaki Mumon and saw a familiar-looking face, which he pondered whether it was a coincidence for him to be near the scene of the crime.
Power & Abilities
Akoya uses Taiho-jutsu (逮捕術, lit. "art of arrest"), an eclectic fighting style developed for use by police officers and intended to subdue opponents. As such, he is described as having the strongest defense in the Kengan matches. He has a device implanted in his skull that enables wireless communication with Hiyama, where she can then use her superhuman timing and analysis ability to deliver instructions and deliver pre-programmed combos for Akoya to use; combined with his superhuman reaction speed, which is around 75 milliseconds, this enables Akoya to react to Hiyama's commands almost instantly. However, these commands act as a moral and mental restraint for Akoya, allowing him to fight without killing his opponents. Thus, if Hiyama is too slow, or becomes compromised, he will quickly revert to his original merciless fighting style.
His fighting style implements various techniques, that, along with his brutality and relentlessness, psychologically breaks his opponents.
- Shield: Akoya puts one of his forearms forward as if he were holding a riot shield, then uses his shielding forearm to redirect any blows away from him, taking only minor damage rather than the full brunt of the attack. However, this doesn't completely disperse the force of the attack, and still puts stress on his shielding forearm. Despite this, Akoya's hand seems to completely nullify this weakness, leaving his arms none the worse for wear after his fight with Haruo.
- Ripper: A technique that is aesthetically similar to Rihito's Razor's Edge though its mechanism and the amount of damage it deals is different. Rather than tearing at an opponent using only finger strength as Rihito does, Akoya puts his hands near his opponent's skin and "rips" them using his knuckle bones instead. The technique's true value is for Akoya to jab the wounds caused by Ripper during a fight to distract the opponent, giving Akoya an advantage. It is stated to be more of a harassment technique than a damage dealing move.
- Taiho-jutsu, Stance of Suppression: A stance adapted from Kanoh Agito's stance and modified to fit Akoya's build, personality and fighting style. It is specialised for attack in conjunction with Hiyama's commands.
Notes & Trivia
- Akoya's favourite word is "justice" and his favourite food is fermented soy beans.
- His character motif was inspired by crime fighters from American comics, such as Rorschach and the Punisher.